- Subjects should look directly at the camera during measurement.
- Set up your screening area with the camera pointed at the Heat Source in front of a wall. This will help create a flat thermal background and allow for faster scan times and more reliable readings. Warm objects in the background that are near a person’s skin temperature or warmer than 40°C (104°F) may reduce system performance.
- After set up, measure and confirm the distance from the Heat Source to the Camera is no further than 5 feet (1.5 meters).
- We recommend marking the ground with tape or floor decals to ensure all subjects are measured from the exact same distance and while positioning the subject next to the Heat Source.
- For more consistent readings, ensure the subject’s eyes are clearly exposed by removing any eyewear. Subjects wearing a face mask should pull it down slightly and subjects wearing a hat should lift the brim to fully expose the eyes.
Have more questions? Submit a request