How do I connect my Shot camera to WiFi?
The Shot camera must be connected to a phone or tablet via a point to point (ad-hoc) WiFi connection. Note: The Seek Shot camera is only intended for connection with mobile devices and the SeekView app, not desktop or laptop computers.
- Turn WiFi on in the quick settings of the Shot camera, and select ok; you should see the wireless icon in the upper right corner of the status bar on the Shot camera.
- Note the name of the SSID (network name) of your Shot camera, by default this is set to SeekShot, but can be changed by the user.
- Make sure WiFi is enabled on your mobile device and open the wireless network connection setting. Look for the SSID (network name) of your Shot camera and select it to connect. Note that on some Android phones, you may see a dialog box asking if you want to stay connected since there is no internet connection, select OK or confirm.
- Open the SeekView app on your mobile device, and in the upper left corner select WiFi. After allowing the system a brief period to connect, you should see a live view in the app. Your Shot camera is not connected to your mobile device.
Having difficulty connecting Seek Shot’s ‘SeekView’ via Wi-Fi to your mobile device? Due to the variances from platform to platform, we recommend experimenting with one of these two possible solutions on your mobile device:
- Go to Settings > SeekView App > Toggle Cellular/Mobile Data Off
- Go to Setting > Cellular/Mobile data > SeekView > Toggle WiFi Assist Off