There is no set answer, as each individual's preferences will vary. If observation from long distances is a priority, you will probably want to go with the CompactPRO or CompactXR. Using the imager around the house for energy audits or other inspections, the wider field of view and high definition imaging capabilities of the CompactPRO or standard Compact might be more to your liking than the XR. Please review the following information to find out what imager is right for you.
Specific feedback from law enforcement officers, outdoorsmen and boaters led to the development of the CompactXR. The extended range of the CompactXR sees objects twice as far away with the same clarity and resolution as the original Seek Compact, while a CompactPRO can see over 3x the distance of the original.
With its wide field of view, the CompactPRO and original Compact is perfect for use indoors and around the house.
- Contractorsto see water damage, air leaks, missing insulation, and other energy inefficiencies
- Home ownersand DIYers to conduct home energy audits and help save on their energy bill
- Plumbersto detect water leaks and clogs
- Electriciansto identify electrical shorts, loose wiring, and other safety hazards
- Pet ownersto locate lost pets at night or in obscured visibility conditions
The CompactXR has a narrower field of view, and a higher default zoom level. A few common ways that you may use it:
- Boating:Detect and locate harmful objects on the water at night
- Safety and Security:Scan a dark parking lot or around your home for danger
- Home Inspection:Reliable, non-invasive testing with thermography