There is no set answer, as each individual's preferences will vary. If extreme distances are a priority, you will probably want to go with the CompactXR. If you are using the imager around the house for energy audits or other inspections, the wider field of view on the original might be more to your liking. Please review the following information to find what imager is right for you.
Specific feedback from law enforcement officers, hunters, and boaters led to the development of the Seek CompactXR. The extended range of the XR sees objects twice as far away with the same clarity and resolution as the original Seek Compact.
With its wide field of view, the original Seek Compact is perfect for use indoors and around the house.
- Contractors to see water damage, air leaks, missing insulation, and other energy inefficiencies
- Home owners and DIYers to conduct a home energy audit to help save on their energy bill
- Plumbers to detect water leaks and clogs
- Electricians to identify electrical shorts, loose wiring, and other safety hazards
- Pet owners to locate lost pets at night or in obscured visibility conditions
The Seek XR has a narrower field of view, and a higher default zoom level. A few common ways to use the Seek CompactXR:
- Hunting: Scout terrain, track game, and follow bloodtrails
- Boating: Detect and locate harmful objects on the water at night
- Safety and Security: Scan a dark parking lot or around your home for danger
- Home Inspection: Reliable, non-contact testing and thermography